Issue 587 of Doctor Who Magazine contains an exclusive interview with new executive producer Joel Collins
In the magazine, Collins reveals how his association with the series began in the1970s, through knowing acclaimed director Douglas Camfield and seeing the series being made
Other highlights of the new issue include:
- Liberation of the Daleks Part Four – the adventures of the Fourteenth Doctor continue in the epic comic-strip adventure written by Alan Barnes and illustrated by Lee Sullivan.
- Letter from the Showrunner – Russell T Davies on what you might have missed in the recent trailer for the 2023 Doctor Who Specials.
- Production Diary – script editor Scott Handcock files his latest report on the forthcoming episodes, direct from Doctor Who’s HQ.
- Gallifrey Guardian – all the latest official news, including exclusives from producer Phil Collinson, guest star Jemma Redgrave and casting director Andy Pryor.
- Close to the Edit – an interview with Rasheed Bello, Doctor Who’s new assistant script editor.
- Tesh and Blood – a tribute to the late Chris Boucher, including contributions from producer Philip Hinchcliffe and actress Louise Jameson, who played Leela.
- Sympathy for the Sea Devil – behind the scenes of Defenders of Earth, the trailer for the new Season 9 Blu-ray box set, with cast and crew including star Katy Manning.
- 60 Objects, 60 Years – from the UNIT beret in 1968 to the Third Doctor’s sonic screwdriver in 1972, the latest installment of this series tells the story of one object from every year of Doctor Who’s history.
- The Fact of Fiction – inside one of the Fourth Doctor’s greatest adventures, Chris Boucher’s The Robots of Death.
- The Watchers: Sea Base 4B – fans recall studio visits to see Warriors of the Deep being recorded in 1983.
- Coming Soon – an exclusive preview of the Season 9 Blu-ray box set, including a disc-by-disc breakdown of the contents.
- Other Worlds – the essential guide to forthcoming stories in the expanded Doctor Who universe
- Previews, reviews, prize-winning competitions, Time and Space Visualiser, and more.
Doctor Who Magazine Issue 587 is on sale Thursday 2 February from panini.co.uk and WH Smith priced £6.99 (UK).
Also available as a digital edition from pocketmags.com priced £5.99.