Penguin Random House has announced the release of Doctor Who: Adventures in Lockdown, a collection of stories written by Doctor Who writers in response to COVID-19.
During challenging months of global uncertainty and isolation, the Doctor and the TARDIS have remained a dream that drew many -allowing them to roam the cosmos in search of distraction, reassurance and adventure.
This very special short story collection brings these epic tales together, along with three brand new stories and beautiful illustrations in support of BBC Children in Need.
Current showrunner Chris Chibnall, and former showrunners Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat, present exciting adventures, alongside work from Chris Riddell, Joy Wilkinson, Paul Cornell, PeteMcTighe, Sonia Leong, Sophie Cowdrey and Mike Collins.
Also featuring three brand new stories from Neil Gaiman, Mark Gatiss and Vinay Patel, Adventures in Lockdown is a book for any DoctorWho fan in your life, stories that will send your heart spinning wildly through space and time...
Full list of stories:
- A Message from the Doctor
- Things She Thought While Falling by Chris Chibnall
- The Terror of the Umpty Ums by Steven Moffat
- Doctor Who and the Time War by Russell T Davies
- Revenge of the Nestene by Russell T Davies
- Rory’s Story by Neil Gaiman
- One Virtue, and a Thousand Crimes by Neil Gaiman
- The Simple Things by Joy Wilkinson
- The Tourist by Vinay Patel
- Fellow Traveller by Mark Gatiss
- The Shadow Passes by Paul Cornell
- Shadow of a Doubt by Paul Cornell
- The Shadow in the Mirror by Paul Cornell
- Press Play by Pete McTighe
- Listen by Steven Moffat
- The Secret of Novice Hame by Russell T Davies
Doctor Who: Adventures in Lockdown will be available to purchase from UK retailers only, with £2.25 from every copy going to BBC Children in Need
BBC Books Publishing Director, Albert DePetrillo, says:
The book will be released on November 5, 2020.and can be ordered on Amazon